Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

 **Whoever names the source of this post's title wins my heart for-ev-er. It's only one of the greatest shows ever.

A run: 4 miles outside in the pouring rain. I discovered that wearing a hat with a visor seriously helps keep the rain off my glasses. You would have thought I came to realize this sooner since it rains  good half of my runs. Winner, winner.




I did Fitnessistsa's Tabata workout yesterday morning, which had me walking similar to Frankenstein today. I love these quick, 4-minute workouts because you can do them in the comfort of your own home and don't require any equipment. I've gotten used to doing them more in the morning when it's dark, cold and rainy, and then save my run for the afternoon.

In other news, I love beets. Everything about them! They are so pretty and pink, and taste a lot better than I had ever imagined. In even better news recently, research has been done that these suckers may increase a runner's endurance and speed. Two things that I could always certainly use more of.

This morning I threw a party for these precious beets and invited a couple of our good friends:


I'm seriously addicted to roasting vegetables. I forgot to label it, but that clump of tinfoil in the  back is garlic. My husband really enjoys his wife to reek of beets and garlic.

I'm off for now - those Christmas cookies aren't going to eat themselves. ;) Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment