Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thoughtsday

No run today! The day had been a little wild with constant go-here, go-there so that was the activity that got the cut. What did not was a sharing of vegetable fajitas from Azteca with the husband. Thanks to my brother-in-law for that gift card.

Now, some 100% (un)important thoughts!

1. I had the recent pleasure of trying homemade marshmallows for the first time and whoa. Hot chocolate has never tasted better.


2. Gillian Flynn is my new favorite author. So far I have read "Dark Places" and am halfway (and quickly devouring) "Gone Girl." She is brilliant, and has this way with her writing that makes you feel like you could be right there watching the scene unfold. It's the closest I've come to feeling like I'm watching a movie, when I'm really reading a book.

3. I'm scared for my Thursday night life next year when there is no Office OR Parks and Rec. I should start saving for therapy now.

Have you ever tried homemade marshmallows? Also, I need to hear some good book recommendations so life can go on until the next Gillian Flynn book.

Enjoy your evening!



4 comments:

  1. okay i luv azteca!! :) i've not tried homemade marshmallows but i'd be up for that one, seems like it would be fun to watch too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you say that - no one seems to appreciate good ol' Azteca these days! My friend who made the mallows said they're super easy. I might have to give them a shot and report back! Have a great day. :)

      Delete
  2. I read Gone Girl on the plane to Seattle and then spent the next two days ignoring my family! I'm reading "Beautiful Ruins" now and it's lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's awfully addicting! I just placed a hold on "Beautiful Ruins." I'm only 64th in line!

      Delete